San Antonio Texas North Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 2103 St. Cloud, San Antonio, Texas 78229
- The Family History Center is located at the corner of St. Cloud & McNeel St's. The Center is located on the South West corner of the St. Cloud LDS Chapel. Parking is provided in the parking lot adjacent to the building.
- Location on Map
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, & 3rd Saturday:10:00 - 2:00 PM.
Wednesday:6:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Closed week of Christmas and New Years.
- Closed on Mondays that are holidays.
Calendar and Events
- 11 February 2012, 10:00 AM, Family History Consultant Training.
- Family History Consultants offer Family History Classes during the Sunday School block of time on Sundays in the Wards meeting in the St. Cloud chapel.
Staff Training Meetings
- 2nd Saturday of even numbered months, Family History Consultant Training, 10:00 AM to 12:00 noon.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Family History Center Resources: The Center has approximately 3000 microfilms on location in the center. It also stores over 50,000 microfische and has an extensive library of family history research materials on location. A well-trained staff is available to assist all interested patrons with family history research.
Databases and Software
Hardware and Equipment
- The Family History Center has six computers with access to the FHC Portal for use by patrons. We also have seven microfilm/fische readers and a Minolta microfilm/fische reader/printer. All computers have access to printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We are looking for volunteers who are interested in Family History. Our expertly trained staff will provide training to anyone interested in Family History who is willing to assist others in the family history endeavors.