Salt Lake Rose Park Family History Center
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:53, 11 October 2018 by Rscarol
- 1 We serve the Rose Park, Rose Park North and Riverside Stakes.
- 1.1 And everyone interested in Family History and Genealogy in this area.
- 1.2 All Family History research support is offered as a complimentary service to the community.
- 1.3 Rose Park Stake Center 760 N. 1200 W., Salt Lake City, UT 84116 United States
- 1.4 Phone: 801-578-6769 Email: email@example.com
- 1.5 Regular Hours: Wednesdays 9:30 am - 12 pm; Thursdays 6:30 pm - 9 pm; Saturdays 9:30 am - 12 pm
- 1.6 Schedule a special class at a time convenient to your group by e-mailing the request and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1.7 To schedule Indexing Training for your stake, please contact the following:
- 1.7.1 Rose Park Stake Temple & Family History Indexing Lead at 801 364-2688 or at the above e-mail address.
- 1.7.2 North Rose Park Stake Temple & Family History Indexing Lead at 801 201-1636
- 1.7.3 Riverside Stake Temple & Family History Indexing Lead Georgia Stroh at 801-596-2096 or by e-mail at [null email@example.com]
- 2 Visit https://www.rootstech.org/ To view selected sessions from this largest genealogy conference in the world.
- 2.1 These will be posted until RootsTech 2019.
- 2.2 In October our focus is on Indexing, which has proven to be a powerful asset to researchers.
- 2.2.1 We are once again inviting all persons - young and older to participate in indexing and /or reviewing records to help individuals find ancestors maybe missed before now. We encourage you to set goals of so many minutes that you could devote to this per week. Then go forward. If no records are found in English right now but you would like to do indexing in other languages, there are tutorials that could aid you in this project. You need not speak the language. Thanks . Your work can be very valuable. Questions? e-mail our Rose Park Stake Indexing Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 801 364-2688
- 2.3 On Saturday, November 17th, from 10 am to 2 pm, we have scheduled the large printers for patrons to produce the 16" x 24" pedigree charts - just in time for holiday gifts. Visit https://treeseek.com/ to see the many options available, including photo pedigrees.
- 2.3.1 In preparation for this event, we highly recommend you review your tree on FamilySearch.org to ensure that the lines are complete, correct and just the way you would like them to print. If you have duplicates to merge and sources to add to validate your work, this would be a good thing to do in advance.
- 2.3.2 Prior to the 17th, create your preferred chart on https://treeseek.com/ and save the .pdf file to a flash drive. Your Ward Temple and Family History Consultant can assist you with this. We are also willing to gather these .pdf files and take them to the Midvale Family History Center with your $2 to pay for the cost of each chart so they can be printed in advance and brought to our Center on the 17th. This will greatly reduce the wait time that Saturday, as this is a very popular event. If you have any questions, send them to email@example.com and we will respond.