Salt Lake Hillside Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and HoursEdit
- 1400 S 1900 E Salt Lake City UT 84108 United States
Phone: 1 801-584-3142
FHC Director: Craig Mortensen
- Tuesday 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Wednesday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Thursday 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Sunday 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. (May be canceled for stake or general Church firesides)
- Closed on all major holidays
- Closed Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, and Father's Day
Calendar and EventsEdit
Staff Training MeetingsEdit
Databases and SoftwareEdit
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and EquipmentEdit
- 9 Computer Workstations (Pentium i5 with 23" Monitors), Microfilm Reader, Printer/Scanner
Staff Research SpecialtiesEdit
Resources in the Local Area
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.