Salt Lake County
Original 19 Wards of Salt Lake City
These wards became part of the Salt Lake Stake, February 22, 1849.
Salt Lake City stakes (1930)
- Ensign Stake:
- Boundaries: north and east to the mountains, south to 3rd South Street (or Liberty Stake), and west to Main Street
- Granite Stake:
- Boundaries: north to 13th South St. (or Liberty Stake), east to the Wasatch Mountains, south to 27th South St. (or Grant Stake), and west to 5th East St. from 27th South St. to the Park City branch of the Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad tracks, thence east along said tracks to 7th East St. and north along 7th East St. to 13th South St. (or Liberty Stake)
- Grant Stake:
- Boundaries: northward to 13th South St. (or Pioneer and Liberty stakes), eastward to 7th East St. (or Granite Stake), south to the Cottonwood Stake and west to the Jordan River (or Oquirrh Stake)
- Liberty Stake:
- Pioneer Stake:
- Boundaries: north to 3rd South St. (or Salt Lake Stake), east to East Temple St. (or Liberty Stake), south to 13th South St. as far west as the Denver & Rio Grande Railway tracks, and (further west) to 21st South St. (or Grant Stake), and west to the Oquirrh Stake
- Salt Lake Stake:
- Boundaries: north to the Davis County line (or South Davis Stake), east to North State St., City Creek Canyon and Main St., Salt Lake City, (or Ensign Stake), south to 3rd South St. (or Pioneer Stake), and west to the Great Salt Lake.
Wards in Salt Lake City to about 1948
| Wards and branches in Salt Lake City and vicinity to about 1948
- Click 1930 stake name (in parens) for ward records, boundaries, and history timelines.
- Wards formed 1930-1948 are linked to FamilySearch Library Catalog, which may give dates organized and parent ward(s).
Salt Lake City 1st, 2nd, 3rd (Liberty)
4th, 5th, 6th-7th (Pioneer)
8th, 9th, 10th (Liberty)
11th, 12th-13th (Ensign)
14th, 15th, 16th, 17th (Salt Lake)
19th (Salt Lake)
20th, 21st (Ensign)
22nd, 23rd, 24th (Salt Lake)
25th, 26th (Pioneer)
28th, 29th (Salt Lake)
34th (Salt Lake)
Capitol Hill (Salt Lake)
Center (Salt Lake)
Central Park (Grant)
East Mill Creek (Grant)
Forest Dale (Granite)
Highland Park (Granite)
Mexican Branch (Pioneer)
Mountain Dell Branch
Nibley Park (Granite)
Poplar Grove (Pioneer)
Redwood (formerly Pioneer Ward)
Stadium Village Branch
Sugar House (Granite)
Bennion (Cottonwood Stake) ·
Mill Creek (where?) ·
Mount Olympus ·
North Point Branch ·
Salt Lake Tabernacle ·
- ↑ Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941).
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).