Salt Lake City, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches
Original 19 Wards of Salt Lake City
These wards became part of the Salt Lake Stake, February 22, 1849.
Salt Lake City Stakes and wards within them (1930's)
Source for this section: Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941).
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
- Ensign Stake: Salt Lake City 11th, 12th-13th, 18th, 20th, 21st, 27th, Ensign, and University
- Liberty Stake: Salt Lake City 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th, 10th, Emigration, LeGrand, Liberty, and Yale
- Pioneer Stake: Salt Lake City 4th, 5th, 6th-7th, 25th, 26th, 30th, 32nd, Brighton, Cannon, Poplar Grove, and the Mexican Branch.
- Salt Lake Stake: Salt Lake City 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 28th, 29th, 34th, Capitol Hill, and Center
Stakes organized later (1930's-about 1948)
Based on FSLC (link)
Church hist dept Ward/stake histories