Rush County, Kansas Genealogy
Rush County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Rush County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 26, 1867|
|County Seat||La Crosse|
|Address|| Rush County Courthouse|
715 Elm Street
La Crosse, Kansas 67548-0220
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Rush County Courthouse
715 Elm Street
La Crosse, KS 67548
County Clerk has birth, death and burial records.
Probate Judge has marriage records from 1876,
probate and court records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1867--Rush County was created 26 February 1867 from unorganized territory. County seat: La Crosse 
- Rush County was organized after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Rush County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Rush County, Kansas page 255, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).