Routt County, Colorado Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1881--Routt County was created 29 January 1887 from Grand County. County seat: Steamboat Springs 
Places / Localities
Routt County Old Age Pension Records 1933-1936. An Index compiled from the offical record of the applications granted by the Routt County Commissioners during these years. Record may show the following:
- Name of Applicant
- Date and Amount of pension payment
- Any adjustments to the pension
- Person's age
- Town nearest to where they lived
- Other Actions done by the County
The Colorado State Archives has put the Routt County Will Records Index for the years 1888-1905 on-line.
Colorado State Archives has put the Routt County Inheritance Tax Records Index for the years 1918-1923 on-line
For marriages from 1877-1933 see Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).