Rolette County, North Dakota Genealogy
Rollette County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Rolette County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||January 4, 1873|
|Address|| Rolette County Courthouse|
102 2nd St NE
Rolla, ND 58367-0460
Rolette County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk District Court has birth, death, and burial records from 1943,
marriage, divorce and court records from 1887 and probate records
from 1896; Register of Deeds has land records
1873--Rolette County was created 4 January 1873 from Buffalo (Old) County. County seat: Rolla 
The Turtle Mountain Indian Reservation is primarily located in the Turtle Mountains in this county.
Probate records, including wills and estates, are at the county clerk's office. See also North Dakota Probate Records.
Birth, marriage, death, and divorce records may be recorded on registers, certificates, or other documents at the county clerk's office. Many records are also being digitized and put online. See North Dakota Vital Records for more information about availability and how to access them.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Rolette County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Rolette County, North Dakota. Page 526 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).