Roberts County, South Dakota Genealogy
Roberts County, South Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Roberts County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 8, 1883|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Roberts County Courthouse
411 2nd Ave East
Sisseton, SD 57262
Clerk Courts has birth, death, burial, records from 1905,
marriage and divorce records from 1890, probaate and court
records from 1889; Register of Deeds has land records
A portion of the Lake Traverse Indian Reservation is in Roberts County. The remainder of the reservation is in Marshall, Day, and Codington Counties in South Dakota and in Richland and Sargent Counties in North Dakota.
- Big Stone County, Minnesota
- Richland County, North Dakota
- Sargent County, North Dakota
- Traverse County, Minnesota
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1935 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1945 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002)Roberts County, South Dakota, p.627
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).