Riverton FamilySearch Library/Events
The library offers a free seminar every third Saturday of the month. An opening session is held at 9:00 a.m. featuring a keynote address. Following this session attendees are offered four choices of presentations at both 10:00 and 11:00 a.m.
Saturday, May, 2012 / 9:00 a.m. - noon
- Keynote Address - "Avoid Corrupting Your Family Tree" - Karen Clifford
- “Using Fold3.com" - Gordon Atkinson
- "Utah Ancestors? How Do I Find Them" - Ron Ray
- "Genealogy Gifts and Games" - Kim Woodbury
- "An Introduction to FamilySearch Community Trees" - David Barss
- "A Guide to Printing Your Family History" - Carol Holland
- "Controlling Your Children From Beyound the Grave" - Jeff Anderson
- "Saving Documents, Files and Images Found onthe Ingternet" - Tom Stubben
- "Topic and Presenter To Be Announced"
Boy Scout Workshop / Genealogy Merit Badge
Presented by Sean and Keith Wahlquist
No registration is necessary.
The library offers a monthly workshop to assist Boy Scouts with their Genealogy Merit Badge. The workshop is held the second Saturday of each month from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
Saturday, May 11, 2013 / 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Scouts must prepare for the workshop by doing the following:
1) Interview a family member about their life. The interview can be completed by telephone, e-mail or letter and the information learned must be recorded;
2) Complete a four-generation pedigree chart. Make sure this includes information about at least one ancestor who was living in 1930;
3) Complete two family group sheets (one listing your parents and your family, and another listing one of your parents and their parents and siblings); and
4) Bring a blue merit badge card (which can be obtained from the Scoutmaster.)
If these items are completed and brought to the workshop, all other requirements for the merit badge can be finished at the workshop and authorized personnel can certify the completion of the merit badge.
Genealogy Merit Badge Resource Links