1850s: First settlers arrived in the area, southwest of Ogden
4 March 1946: Incorporated as a city.
4600 South Weber River Drive
- Pioneers and prominent men of Utah : comprising photographs, genealogies, biographies, the early history of the Church 
Vol. 1 part 1 (Family History Archives)
Vol. 1 part 2 (Family History Archives)
Nearest cemeteries are located in Ogden and South Ogden.
Church History and Records
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Riverdale (Riverdale District 1860, 1877 as ward) (Weber Stake, later Lake View Stake) 
- Record of members, 1860-1908, 1877-1941
- Minutes of meetings, 1860-1908
- minutes of bishops' courts, 1960-1908
- Form E, 1907-1948 (annual genealogical report)
Emigration and Immigration
Ellis Island Passenger Arrival Records, 1892-1924, listing passengers who stated they are going to Riverdale.
See also: Biography
This area is served by Ogden-based newspapers.
- Utah Department of Archives 1903 to 50 years ago (F)
Choices of search types - name, date of death (year, month, day, or any combination) and county.
Images of actual death certificates.
- Ancestry.com (F if through seleected Family History Centers) (FI$ if not through the Family History Centers)
Utah Death Index 1905-1951
Hint Keyword: enter the year of death and enter the name of county if known.
- Webtree.com, listing individuals who born or died in Riverdale. Submitters of gedcoms may add, update or remove contents.
- Ogden Regional Family History Center
539 24th St.
Ogden, UT 84401
- "FHLC Book 979.2 D3e" (Salt Lake City, Utah : Western Epics, 1966).
- "FHLC Film 26452-26453' (Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the GSU, 1952)