Rio Blanco County, Colorado Genealogy
Guide to Rio Blanco County Colorado genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Rio Blanco County, Colorado|
Location in the state of Colorado
Location of Colorado in the U.S.
|Founded||March 25, 1889|
|Address|| Rio Blanco County Courthouse|
PO Box I
Meeker, CO 81641-1067
Rio Blanco County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Historical Facts
- 2.1 County Seat
- 2.2 Parent County
- 2.3 Neighboring Counties
- 2.4 Record Loss
- 2.5 Resources
- 2.5.1 Bible Records
- 2.5.2 Biography
- 2.5.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.5.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5.5 Census
- 2.5.6 Church
- 2.5.7 Court Records
- 2.5.8 Directories
- 2.5.9 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.5.10 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.5.11 Gazetteers
- 2.5.12 Genealogy
- 2.5.13 History
- 2.5.14 Land and Property
- 2.5.15 Maps
- 2.5.16 Military
- 2.5.17 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.5.18 Newspapers
- 2.5.19 Obituaries
- 2.5.20 Periodicals
- 2.5.21 Probate
- 2.5.22 Public Records
- 2.5.23 Repositories
- 2.5.24 Taxation
- 2.5.25 Vital Records
- 2.6 Places
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 References
County Clerk Recorder has birth and death records from 1898,
marriage and land recordsc from 1897;
Clerk Distric Court has divorce, probate and court records
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- 1889--Rio Blanco was created 25 March 1889 from Summit County.
Business Records and Commerce
- Highland Cemetery, Meeker BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Rio Blanco County, Colorado Genealogy census records online, see: Colorado Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Colorado Land and Property for additional information about early Colorado land grants.
After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse, where current records are also housed.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Probate records have been kept by the county courts. Colorado probate records include bonds, affidavits, letters, claims, appraisals, fee accounts, minutes, judgments, dockets, calendars, case files, and wills. The Family History Library does not have copies of probate records from Colorado.
You may obtain copies of documents from the clerk's office in the county courthouse.
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Meeker Colorado Family History Center
- Rangely Colorado Family History Center
- Meeker Regional Library District
200 Main Street
Meeker, CO 81641
- Rangely Regional Library District
109 E Main Street
Rangely, CO 81648
Telephone 970- 675-8811
Rio Blanco County Historical Society and White River Museum
565 Park Street
Meeker, CO 81641
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Vital Records Section Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
For some online statewide indexes, see the FamilySearch Historical Record Collections for Colorado.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Rio Blanco County, Colorado Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Rio Blanco County, Colorado. Page 101 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).