Ringland, Norfolk Genealogy
|Poor Law Union||St Faith's|
|Registration District||St Faiths|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
RINGLAND (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of St. Faith, hundred of Eynsford, E. division of Norfolk, 7½ miles (N. W. by W.) from Norwich. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Ringland, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Ringland, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1559-1644, 1688-1955||Undefined||1559-1644, 1688-1837, 1840-1901||Undefined||1559-1644, 1688-1906|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Ringland on GenUKI
- Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 668-671. Date accessed: 13 May 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.