Richland County, North Dakota Genealogy
Richland County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Richland County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||January 4, 1873|
|Address|| Richland County Courthouse|
418 2nd Ave N
PO Box 966;
Wahpeton, ND 58075
Richland County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1900,
divorce and court records from 1833 and some burial records;
County Judge has marriage records from 1890 and probate records
from 1876; Register of Deeds has land records
A portion of the Lake Traverse Indian Reservation is in Richland County. The remainder of the reservation is in Marshall, Roberts, Day, and Codington Counties in South Dakota and in Sargent County in North Dakota.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Richland County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Richland County, North Dakota. Page 526 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).