Rhesycae, Flintshire, Wales Genealogy
A guide to genealogy in Rhesycae, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
"RHESYCAE, a chapelry in Cilcen, Halkin, and Ysceifiog parishes, Flint; under the Halkin mountains, 4½ miles S W of Holywell r. station. It was constituted in 1848; and it has a post-office under Holywell. Pop.in 1861, 627. Houses, 138. Pop. of the H. portion, 441; of the Y. portion, 115." (Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72, John Marius Wilson)
For more information on Rhesycae see:
|before 31 March 1974||Flintshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Flintshire|
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- findmypast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.