Difference between revisions of "Reymerston, Norfolk Genealogy"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(add info and links)
(Added to parish history)
Line 1: Line 1:
[[England]]  [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]  [[Norfolk]]  
+
[[England]]  [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]  [[Norfolk]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]  [[Norfolk Parishes]]
 +
 
 
== Parish History  ==
 
== Parish History  ==
  
Reymerston St Peter is an Ancient parish in the Hingham deanery of the diocese of Norwich.<br>
+
REYMERSTON (St. Peter), a '''parish''', in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Mitford, W. division of Norfolk, 5 miles (S. S. E.) from East Dereham. <ref>Lewis, Samuel A., [http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51236#s5 ''A Topographical Dictionary of England''](1848), pp. 659-665. Date accessed: 07 May 2013.</ref>
 +
 
 +
<br> Reymerston St Peter is an Ancient parish in the Hingham deanery of the diocese of Norwich.<br>  
  
 
== Resources  ==
 
== Resources  ==
 +
 
==== Civil Registration  ====
 
==== Civil Registration  ====
  
 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The [[England Civil Registration|civil registration]] article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is [http://freebmd.org.uk/ FreeBMD].  
 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The [[England Civil Registration|civil registration]] article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is [http://freebmd.org.uk/ FreeBMD].  
  
*Mitford 1837-1938
+
*Mitford 1837-1938  
 
*East Dereham 1939-1974<br>
 
*East Dereham 1939-1974<br>
  
<br>
+
<br>  
  
 
==== Church records  ====
 
==== Church records  ====
Line 18: Line 22:
 
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection  
 
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection  
  
Images of the parish registers may be viewed online in Historic Records (formerly Record Search) Norfolk Record Office reference PD 465<br>
+
Images of the parish registers may be viewed online in Historic Records (formerly Record Search) Norfolk Record Office reference PD 465<br>  
  
 
==== Census records  ====
 
==== Census records  ====
  
a.&nbsp; {{British Census|438864}}
+
a.&nbsp; {{British Census|438864}}  
  
==== Poor Law Unions ====
+
==== Poor Law Unions ====
  
Mitford &amp;Launditch http://www.institutions.org.uk/workhouses/england/norf/mitford_and_launditch_workhouse.htm
+
Mitford &amp;Launditch http://www.institutions.org.uk/workhouses/england/norf/mitford_and_launditch_workhouse.htm  
  
Records of the Mitford and Launditch Poor Law Union1776-1948<br>Norfolk Record Office C/GP 14<br>Extent 137 pieces<br>The following parishes comprised the 1836 union: Bawdeswell, Beeston, Beetley, Billingford, East Bilney, Bintry, Brisley, Bylaugh, Colkirk, Cranworth, East Dereham, Great Dunham, Little Dunham, North Elmham, Elsing, Foxley, Great Fransham, Little Fransham, Garvestone, Gately, Gressenhall, Guist, Hardingham, Hockering, Hoe, Horningtoft, Kempstone, Letton, East Lexham, West Lexham, Litcham, Longham, Lyng, Mattishall, Mattishall Burgh, Mileham, Oxwick with Pattesley, Reymerstone, Rougham, Scarning, Shipdham, Southburgh, Sparham, Stanfield, Swanton Morley, Thuxton, Tittleshall, East Tuddenham, North Tuddenham, Twyford, Weasenham All Saints, Weasenham St Peter, Wellingham, Wendling, Westfield, Whinburgh, Whissonsett, Wood Rising, Worthing, Yaxham.<br>All fifty parishes of Mitford and Launditch Hundreds were incorporated in 1775 under the terms of An act for the better relief and employment of the poor within the hundreds of Mitford and Launditch, 15 Geo. III, cap. 59. In 1801 the parish of East Dereham separated from the Incorporation, but in 1836 all fifty original parishes plus ten from Eynesford Hundred joined together in a new union. The House of Industry belonging to the old incorporation, built at Gressenhall in 1776-1777, was repaired and altered in 1836 to become the new Union Workhouse. Mitford and Launditch Union Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 10 in 1930.<br><br>
+
Records of the Mitford and Launditch Poor Law Union1776-1948<br>Norfolk Record Office C/GP 14<br>Extent 137 pieces<br>The following parishes comprised the 1836 union: Bawdeswell, Beeston, Beetley, Billingford, East Bilney, Bintry, Brisley, Bylaugh, Colkirk, Cranworth, East Dereham, Great Dunham, Little Dunham, North Elmham, Elsing, Foxley, Great Fransham, Little Fransham, Garvestone, Gately, Gressenhall, Guist, Hardingham, Hockering, Hoe, Horningtoft, Kempstone, Letton, East Lexham, West Lexham, Litcham, Longham, Lyng, Mattishall, Mattishall Burgh, Mileham, Oxwick with Pattesley, Reymerstone, Rougham, Scarning, Shipdham, Southburgh, Sparham, Stanfield, Swanton Morley, Thuxton, Tittleshall, East Tuddenham, North Tuddenham, Twyford, Weasenham All Saints, Weasenham St Peter, Wellingham, Wendling, Westfield, Whinburgh, Whissonsett, Wood Rising, Worthing, Yaxham.<br>All fifty parishes of Mitford and Launditch Hundreds were incorporated in 1775 under the terms of An act for the better relief and employment of the poor within the hundreds of Mitford and Launditch, 15 Geo. III, cap. 59. In 1801 the parish of East Dereham separated from the Incorporation, but in 1836 all fifty original parishes plus ten from Eynesford Hundred joined together in a new union. The House of Industry belonging to the old incorporation, built at Gressenhall in 1776-1777, was repaired and altered in 1836 to become the new Union Workhouse. Mitford and Launditch Union Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 10 in 1930.<br><br>  
  
 
==== Probate records  ====
 
==== Probate records  ====
 +
 
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to [[Norfolk Probate Records|Norfolk Probate Records]] to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.  
 
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to [[Norfolk Probate Records|Norfolk Probate Records]] to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.  
 +
 
== Maps and Gazetteers  ==
 
== Maps and Gazetteers  ==
 +
 
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.<br>  
 
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.<br>  
 +
 
*[http://maps.familysearch.org/ England Jurisdictions 1851]  
 
*[http://maps.familysearch.org/ England Jurisdictions 1851]  
 
*[http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/index.jsp Vision of Britain]
 
*[http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/index.jsp Vision of Britain]
 +
 
== Web sites  ==
 
== Web sites  ==
  
http://www.achurchnearyou.com/reymerston-st-peter/ for details of the parish<br>
+
http://www.achurchnearyou.com/reymerston-st-peter/ for details of the parish<br>  
  
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1793718 for photos of the church<br>
+
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1793718 for photos of the church<br>  
  
http://www.cvma.ac.uk/jsp/location.do?locationKey=1072&amp;mode=LOCATION for stained glass of the church<br>
+
http://www.cvma.ac.uk/jsp/location.do?locationKey=1072&amp;mode=LOCATION for stained glass of the church<br>  
  
http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51236 British History online<br>
+
http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51236 British History online<br>  
  
 
http://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/reymerston/reymerston.htm Norfolk Churches website<br>  
 
http://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/reymerston/reymerston.htm Norfolk Churches website<br>  
  
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tinstaafl for link to Norfolk Baptisms project<br>
+
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tinstaafl for link to Norfolk Baptisms project<br>  
 +
 
 +
== Reference ==
 +
 
 +
{{reflist}}
  
<br>
+
<br>  
  
 
[[Category:Norfolk]]
 
[[Category:Norfolk]]

Revision as of 18:40, 7 May 2013

England  Gotoarrow.png  Norfolk Gotoarrow.png  Norfolk Parishes

Parish History

REYMERSTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Mitford, W. division of Norfolk, 5 miles (S. S. E.) from East Dereham. [1]


Reymerston St Peter is an Ancient parish in the Hingham deanery of the diocese of Norwich.

Resources

Civil Registration

Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.

  • Mitford 1837-1938
  • East Dereham 1939-1974


Church records

Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection

Images of the parish registers may be viewed online in Historic Records (formerly Record Search) Norfolk Record Office reference PD 465

Census records

a. 

Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.


Poor Law Unions

Mitford &Launditch http://www.institutions.org.uk/workhouses/england/norf/mitford_and_launditch_workhouse.htm

Records of the Mitford and Launditch Poor Law Union1776-1948
Norfolk Record Office C/GP 14
Extent 137 pieces
The following parishes comprised the 1836 union: Bawdeswell, Beeston, Beetley, Billingford, East Bilney, Bintry, Brisley, Bylaugh, Colkirk, Cranworth, East Dereham, Great Dunham, Little Dunham, North Elmham, Elsing, Foxley, Great Fransham, Little Fransham, Garvestone, Gately, Gressenhall, Guist, Hardingham, Hockering, Hoe, Horningtoft, Kempstone, Letton, East Lexham, West Lexham, Litcham, Longham, Lyng, Mattishall, Mattishall Burgh, Mileham, Oxwick with Pattesley, Reymerstone, Rougham, Scarning, Shipdham, Southburgh, Sparham, Stanfield, Swanton Morley, Thuxton, Tittleshall, East Tuddenham, North Tuddenham, Twyford, Weasenham All Saints, Weasenham St Peter, Wellingham, Wendling, Westfield, Whinburgh, Whissonsett, Wood Rising, Worthing, Yaxham.
All fifty parishes of Mitford and Launditch Hundreds were incorporated in 1775 under the terms of An act for the better relief and employment of the poor within the hundreds of Mitford and Launditch, 15 Geo. III, cap. 59. In 1801 the parish of East Dereham separated from the Incorporation, but in 1836 all fifty original parishes plus ten from Eynesford Hundred joined together in a new union. The House of Industry belonging to the old incorporation, built at Gressenhall in 1776-1777, was repaired and altered in 1836 to become the new Union Workhouse. Mitford and Launditch Union Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 10 in 1930.

Probate records

Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.

Maps and Gazetteers

Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.

Web sites

http://www.achurchnearyou.com/reymerston-st-peter/ for details of the parish

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1793718 for photos of the church

http://www.cvma.ac.uk/jsp/location.do?locationKey=1072&mode=LOCATION for stained glass of the church

http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51236 British History online

http://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/reymerston/reymerston.htm Norfolk Churches website

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tinstaafl for link to Norfolk Baptisms project

Reference

  1. Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 659-665. Date accessed: 07 May 2013.