Research Communities on Skype
- collaborate on your research,
- ask questions of each other, and
- share knowledge you have gained as you've done your own research in that area.
Scroll down for instructions to join. There are groups in the following areas:
Illinois, United States
To join a Skype group:
- Download the Skype program at Skype.com and register for an account.
- Add the following as a contact - gmajande57 - and let her know which group you'd like to be added to. She will add you into that Skype community group.
(see instructions for adding contacts)
- Join in the discussions! It's that easy.
(see instructions for sending a message)
- Learn more about Skype in the Skype User's Guide.
- Not interested in joining Skype? Try our Facebook Communities instead.
- I would like to see a community started for ____________, could you create one?
- Since this is a pilot program, only a few limited localities are being created now. If you would like to have a group created for a location you are researching:
- Go to the Discussion page and click to edit the page. (You must be signed in to edit.)
- Add a note about which groups you'd like to see next.
- Include whether or not you'd like to be considered for a moderator for the group.
- After your request, add ~~~. That will sign your username to the request and allow us to notify you when a community is created for that area.
- If you would like to ask questions or help those researching in other areas of the world right now, you can visit the FamilySearch Forums where there are discussions going on in any are of the world you are currently researching in.
- What is Skype?
- Skype is a leading chat program that allows interaction and communication between individuals or groups. You can learn more or download the software at Skype.com.
- Additional questions?
- Ask on the Discussion page. Click Edit this page and add your question.
- Be sure to add ~~~ after your question to sign your name to it so that someone can contact you if need be.