Research Communities on Skype
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:23, 5 May 2011 by VasquezJL (Community image)
- collaborate on your research,
- ask questions of each other, and
- share knowledge you have gained as you've done your own research in that area.
Scroll down for instructions to join. There are groups in the following areas:
Illinois, United States
To join a Skype group:
- Download the Skype program at Skype.com and register for an account.
- Add the following as a contact: "familysearch.research". As part of the contact request you send, be sure to add that you would like to be added to a specific genealogy research group.
(see instructions for adding contacts)
- Join in the discussions! It's that easy.
(see instructions for sending a message)
- Learn more about Skype with the Skype User's Guide.
- I would like to see a community started for ____________, could you create one?
- Since this is a pilot program, only a few limited localities are being created now. If you would like to have a group created for a location you are researching:
- Go to the Discussion page and click to edit the page. (You must be signed in to edit.)
- Add a note about which groups you'd like to see next.
- After your request, add ~~~. That will sign your username to the request and allow us to notify you when a community is created for that area.
- Additional questions?
- Ask on the Discussion page. Edit the page and add your question to the bottom.
- Be sure to add ~~~ after your question to sign your name to it.