Reno Nevada Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Welcome to the Reno Family History Center! No matter if you are new to genealogy, or a seasoned researcher, our friendly and knowledgeable staff is ready to help you on your exciting journey to unlock the past.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 4751 Neil Road, Reno, Nevada
- Our center is located within the Neil Rd church; on the north west cornor of Neil Rd and Filbert. Park on the west side of the parking lot and enter the building either through the west entrance closest to the street or the front west end entrance.
- Location on Map
Phone: 775 826-1130
- Tues., Wed. and Thurs: 10:00am - 9:00pm
Holiday Schedule: Our center will be close Tues. Dec. 18, 2012 and reopen Wed. Jan. 2, 2013
Calendar and Events
Every Wed. at 12:15 pm, we have a 15 minute intro classes
Every first Wed. at 1:00 pm, we offer a class on writing a life history; yours or someone else's.
Staff Training Meetings:
- Family History Library Catalog:
- Our center has some microfilm and microfiche that are on permanant to us. And can help you order any microfilm or microfiche available.
- We have a large collection of books that cover Reno, Washoe county, and various countries throughout the world.
- Our center also houses the Parkin collection of records from north western Nevada and parts of north eastern California.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal:
- We have FamilySearch, Family Tree, and FamilySearch Wiki
- This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access, within the center, to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
Our center has a copier, computers, printers, and both microfilm and microfiche readers for your use.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.) <fck:hr>
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.) </fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr>