Difference between revisions of "Refugio County, Texas Genealogy"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[United States|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[Texas|Texas]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[Texas Counties R|Counties R]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] Refugio County'' <br>
|Line 81:||Line 83:|
Revision as of 19:52, 15 March 2013
Guide to Refugio County Texas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Adopted by TXGenWeb Refugio County
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Refugio County Courthouse
808 Commerce Street
Refugio, TX 78377-0704
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1903,
marriage records from 1851, probate records from 1840,
court records from 1881 and land records from 1835
The battle of Refugio occurred in 1836, just prior to the Goliad Massacre.
1836--Refugio County was created 17 March 1836 from an Old Mexican Municipality. County seat: Refugio 
See an interactive map of Refugio County border changes.
1879--Many records were destroyed in a courthouse fire in January 1879.
Places / Localities
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Refugio County, Texas. Page 672 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).