Red Mesa, La Plata County, Colorado Genealogy
Red Mesa, La Plata County, Colorado, is a farming district, the center of which is about twenty-five miles southwest of Durango , Colorado. It consists of table land known locally as the Redmesa, formerly a part of the Fort Lewis reservation. The settlement (in which the people live in a scattered condition on their respective farms) and was an outgrowth of Kline which is located 5 miles Northeast of Red Mesa. In 1908 the first LDS Church was organized in a temporary meetinghouse.