Red Lake Indian Agency (Minnesota)
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
- Red Lake Chippewa and other bands of Chippewa
The Red Lake Agency was established in 1873. From 1879 to 1898 it was administered by the White Earth Agency. From 1899 to 1906 it was administered by the Leech Lake Agency, and from 1954-1964 it was administered by the Minnesota Agency.
Microfilm copies of ...Narrative and Statistical Reports... for the Red Lake Agency, 1907-1938, are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, rolls 114-115, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City and their family history centers (their microfilm roll numbers 1724332-1724333). Reports for some years are missing.
Annual Indian Census Rolls were taken at this agency for 1907-1917, and 1919 thru 1939. These rolls have been microfilmed by the National Archives as part of their Microcopy Number M595, rolls 418-424. Copies of these records are also available at the National Archives, their Regional Archives, and at the Family History Library and its family history centers (their microfilm roll numbers 581412-581418). These census rolls are also available online at Ancestry.com's subscription web site.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Marquette University. Guide to Catholic-Related Records in the Midwest about Native Americans.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- "Accompanying Pamphlet for Microcopy 1011", National Archives Microfilm Publications, Appendix.