Difference between revisions of "Ray County, Missouri Genealogy"
(early mo state arch micro probate court rec)
(1821 tax list)
|Line 105:||Line 105:|
==== Taxation ====
==== Taxation ====
==== Vital Records ====
==== Vital Records ====
Revision as of 22:35, 16 June 2012
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- See an interactive map of Ray County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all Missouri Counties.
- Shotwell Cemetery, Richmond BillionGraves
- Sunny Slope Cemetery, Richmond
- Woodland Cemetery, Richmond
Three of the cemeteries in this county, Shotwell, Sunny Slope, and Richmond, are on the north side of Highway 10 (Main Street) and are all together almost as if they were all one cemetery.
For tips on accessing Ray County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
The Missouri State Archives has the index (1821-1872) to the circuit court records, and Vols A-O (1821-1882) in microfilm.
The Missouri State Archives has Vol A (1820-1837) Minutes (County Clerk) on microfilm.
Court of Common Pleas
The Missouri State Archives has the Common Plea Index, Vol A, 1867-1874 and the Common Pleas book, Vol A, 1867-1870 on microfilm.
Justice of the Peace
Docket, 1836-1851 is available at the Missouri State Archives.
- Google has scanned the book "History of Ray County, Mo." as the book is now in the public domain. It was written in 1881 and can be found at books.google.com/books .
- Also Google has the book "A History of Northwest Missouri" written in 1915, also in the public domain. This book has history on Ray county and neigboring counties. It can be found at books.google.com/books .
- Map of Ray County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Ray County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Chillicothe newspapers from the late 1800's and early 1900's that covered local news on residents from Ray County communities.
Ray county, Probate Court. Wills, Letters & Bonds, 1821-1915. Missouri State Archives microfilm.
Ray county, Probate Court. Bonds, Vol B, 1836-1844. Missouri State Archives Microfilm Reel Number C 5780.
Ray county, Probate Court. Letters of Admministration, 1836-1884. Missouri State Arcives microfilm.
Ray county, Probate Court. Inventories/appraise/sale Bill, Vol B, 1853-1863. Missouri State Archives microfilm.
Ray county, Probate Court. Inventories,Appraisements & Sale Bills, Vol D-FI, 1859-1886. Missouri State Archives microfilm
Ray county, Probate Court. Notices & Affidavits, Vol A, 1862-1877. Missouri State Archives microfilm.
Ray county, Probate Court. Minutes, 1867-1869. Missouri State Archives microfilm.
Ray county, Probate Court. Record of Estates, Vol 1, Allen-Zuklin. Missouri State Archives microfilm.
Ray county, Probate Court. Record of Estates-guardians, Vol 1, Adams-Yates. Missouri State Archives microfilm.
-  ."Ray County Assessor's List for 1821" Ray county, Missouri USGenweb. Which cites as it's source: "Missouri Pioneer Book" Volume 2 February 1968, p. 39-41, compiled and published
by Miss Nadine Hodges & Mrs John Vineyard & Mrs Howard W. Woodruff.
- Missouri State Archives has microfilmed taxation sources starting in the 1900s.
- Missouri, Ray county, County Clerk. Permanant Record of Births, Vol 1, 1883-1889 is available at the Missouri State Archives on microfilm. Reel Number C 25631.
- Missouri, Ray county, County Clerk. Register of Births and Stillbirths, Vol 1, 1883-1890 is available at the Missouri State Archives on microfilm. Reel Number C 5754.
- Missouri, Ray county, County Clerk. Permanent Record of Deaths, Vol 1, 1883-1889 is available at the Missouri State Archives on microfilm. Reel Number C 5754.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).