Ramsey County, North Dakota Genealogy
Ramsey County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Ramsey County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||January 4, 1873|
|County Seat||Devils Lake|
|Address|| Ramsey County Courthouse|
524 4th Ave #4
Devils Lake, ND 58301
Ramsey County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk District Court has birth, death and burial records from 1890,
divorce and court records; County Judge has marriage and probate records;
Register of Deeds has land records
Probate records, including wills and estates, are at the county clerk's office. See also North Dakota Probate Records.
County tax records are at the county treasurer's, auditor's or clerk's office in the county courthouse. Some tax records may have been moved to the North Dakota State Archives.
Birth, marriage, death, and divorce records may be recorded on registers, certificates, or other documents at the county clerk's office. Many records are also being digitized and put online. See North Dakota Vital Records for more information about availability and how to access them.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Ramsey County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Ramsey County, North Dakota. Page 525 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).