Ramsey County, Minnesota Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1849--Ramsey County was created 27 October 1849 from old St. Croix County in Wisconsin Territory.
County seat: St. Paul 
- For a brief history of how Ramsey County was named, click here, then select Ramsey County.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- St. Paul
- Fold3.com ($) has Minneapolis City Directories 1865-1923 (4 yrs. missing) available online.
- Fold3.com ($) has St. Paul City Directories 1863-1924 (4 yrs. missing) available online.
Civil War service men from Ramsey County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are many companies or regiments that were formed from men of Ramsey County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies A and F.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies B, D, F, G, H, I and K.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company B.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies E, G, and K.
- - 5th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies D, E, F, and I.
- - 6th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies A and G.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).