Ramah Navajo Indian Agency (New Mexico)
The Ramah Navajo Agency is an operating office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Its supervising office is the Albuquerque Area Office.
Indian Tribe Associated With This Field Office
The Ramah Navajo Agency serves about 2000 Navajo living apart from the main Navajo Reservation. The Ramah Navajo Reservation is located in western New Mexico, east of the Zuni Reservation and nearly due west of Albuquerque.
- Ramah Navajo Indian Reservation -- Wikipedia
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online