Quitman County, Georgia Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Quitman County; PO Box 114; Georgetown, GA 31754-0114; Ph. 912.334.2578 Details: (Courthouse burned) (Clk Sup Ct has b rec from 1927, m rec from 1919, d rec, div & ct rec from 1923 & land rec from 1879)
1920 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Quitman County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).