Quebec, Non-Catholic Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Quebec, Non-Catholic Parish Registers, 1763-1967 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of Canada|
|Location of Quebec, Canada|
|Record Type||Church Records|
|Languages||English, French, Latin|
|Title in the Language||Québec, catholiques non Registres paroissiaux|
|Archives Nationales du Québec, Sainte-Foy|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Known Issues with This Collection
- 7 Citing this Collection
- 8 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection contains registers of baptisms, marriages, deaths and other records from various non-Catholic denominations and parishes for 1763-1967. Date coverage varies by parish. Additional information about Church records in Quebec is found in the Quebec Church Records wiki article.
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Quebec, Non-Catholic Parish Registers, 1763-1967.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
Baptism records may include:
Marriage records may inclue:
Burial records may include:
How Do I Search This Collection?
You can search the index or view the images or both. To begin your search it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- The name of a relative or date of the event
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page.
- Select Judicial District
- Select Notary, Record Type, Years and File Numbers
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Quebec, Non-Catholic Parish Registers, 1763-1967. Some catalog records link to multiple references. In this case, click on a reference to find a camera icon to see images.|
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Cite the record. See below for help citing this collection.
- Look at an image of the original record. The original may contain information that was not recorded in the index. To find a copy of the original record, visit the [Archives Nationales du Québec, Sainte-Foy] page.
- To help keep track of your research, you may want to keep a research log. FamilySearch has an example example research log which you can download.
- Use the information you have found to find the person incensus records.
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This can help you find possible relatives.
- Search the records of nearby areas. *Check for other names. An individual might appear under an unexpected name for a variety of reasons:
- - They might have been listed under a middle name, nickname, or abbreviation of their given name.
- -A woman may have returned to her maiden name after the death of her husband.
Known Issues with This Collection
| Problems with this collection?|
See a list of known issues, workarounds, tips, restrictions, future fixes, news and other helpful information.
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Citing this Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
"Quebec, Non-Catholic Parish Registers, 1763-1967 ." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Citing Archives Nationales du Québec, Sainte-Foy.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.