Qualicum British Columbia Family History Centre
|This Family History Centre article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your centre here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- (Include information about your centre that would be helpful for first time visitors such which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullets points as needed.)
- (Link to map using Google or other maps sites)
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events and Class Schedule
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- We have over 1500 films, thousands of books and fiche all dealing with research from all parts of the world.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Just to name a few of these premium sites are Find My Past, World Vital Records, The Geneologist, Ancestry,com,
- We also have other detabase programs for information storing of your genealogical work such as PAF (Personal Ancestral File), Legacy, Roots Magic, and Family Tree Maker to name a few. We have the deluxe paid version at our centre but they are free of charge for our patrons.
Hardware and Equipment
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your centre such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your centre is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)