Putnam County, Georgia Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Putnam County Courthouse
100 S Jefferson Avenue
Eatonton, GA 31024
Clerk Superior Court has divorce and court records from 1807
Probate Court has birth records from 1866, marriage and probate
records from 1808, death records from 1919 and tax digest 1812-1848
Crooked Creek Primitive Baptist Church, Members 1807, 1820, 1824-1826 Georgia Pioneers
Muster Roll of Brown Rifles, C. S. A. Georgia Pioneers
- Wills, 1808-1822 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers
- Wills, 1822-1857 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Will Book C, 1857-1888 Georgia Pioneers
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Putnam County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Putnam County, Georgia. Page 159 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- "Putnam County, Georgia," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).