Pulaski County, Arkansas Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:29, 10 April 2011 by Taneya (added the Southern Guardian newspaper digitization)
Template:Arkansas-stubUnited States > Arkansas > Pulaski County
|Pulaski County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||December 15, 1818|
|County Seat||Little Rock|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1818--Pulaski County was created 15 December 1818 from Arkansas County. County seat: Little Rock 
Places / Localities
1820--Census is missing.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Little Rock
- Rejected or Suspended Applications for Revolutionary War Pensions. Washington, D.C., 1852. Reprinted by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1969, and 1991. Reprints include "an Added Index to States." FHL Collection 973 M24ur; digital version at Ancestry ($). [Includes veterans from this county; Arkansas section begins on page 439.]
- Southern Guardian, 1911-2001 - an ongoing digitization project to make these issues of the predecessor to the Arkansas Catholic available online. As of April 2011, only 1911 issues are available.
Societies and Libraries
- Pulaski Co. AR Genealogy Page
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Pulaski County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).