Pueblo County, Colorado Genealogy
|Pueblo County, Colorado|
Location of Colorado in the U.S.
|Founded||January 9, 1852|
|Address|| Pueblo County Courthouse|
215 W 10th Street
Pueblo, CO 81003
Pueblo County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Clerk has marriage records from 1867, military records from 1944 and
land records; City County health Department has birth and death records;
District Court has divorce probate court and naturatlization records 
- Before 1861 the southern quarter of this modern Colorado county was in New Mexico.
- 9 January 1852 it was created part of Taos County in New Mexico Territory. 
- 1 February 1860 it became part of Mora County.
- 28 February 1861 it was transferred to Colorado  (1 Nov 1861 Huerfano County).
- 1866 the former New Mexico part was ceeded from Huerfano to Pueblo County.
- Look for pre-1861 records in New Mexico. For further explanation see Taos County.
1861 Pueblo County was created 1 November 1861 as an original county. County seat: Pueblo.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Pueblo County, Colorado Genealogy census records online, see: Colorado Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Societies and Libraries
Pueblo City-County Library District
100 E Abriendo Ave
Pueblo, CO 81004
Pueblo County Historical Society
201 West "B" Street
Pueblo, CO 81003
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Pueblo Colorado Family History Center
- Rye Colorado Family History Center
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 101, Pueblo County, Colorado. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- William Thorndale and William Dollarhide, Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publ., 1987), 52. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 X2th.
- Brief County Histories (New Mexico) in RootsWeb (accessed 21 June 2012).
- Wikipedia contributors, "Colorado Territory" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopeida at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Territory (accessed 19 June 2012).
- Adrian B. Ettlinger, AniMap 3.0 : with SiteFinder U.S. place name database (Alamo, Calif.: Gold Bug, 2008), Colorado 1861 map. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL CD-ROM no. 4903.
- Handybook, 99, Huerfano County, Colorado.
- Ettlinger, see the Colorado 1866 map.