Providence County, Rhode Island Genealogy
|Providence County, Rhode Island|
Location in the state of Rhode Island
Location of Rhode Island in the U.S.
|Founded||June 16, 1729|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 5 Websites
- 6 References
There is no county government. The government is located at town and state levels.
Named for the Divine Providence.
16 June 1729: Renamed Providence County. 
1703: Formed as Providence Plantations County.
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records (Rural)
Military History and Records
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- The Providence County RIGenWeb Project, an member of The RIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Providence County.
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Providence County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].