Poulsbo Washington Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Poulsbo Washington Family History Center serves the North Kitsap County area. We are comprised of a friendly and knowledgable volunteer staff. We are dedicated to furthering the genealogical and family history work in our area through support and education.
Center Contacts and Hours
- Poulsbo Washington Family History Center Location Map
- 2138 NE Mesford Road, Poulsbo, WA 98370 United States
- The building is located behind North Kitsap High School.
- The entrance to the FHC is in the back of the building.
Phone: (360) 779-8655
FHC Director: Joleen Aitchison - 1 816-632-0181
- Monday 10am - 2pm
- Tuesday 10am - 2pm
- Wednesday 10am - 2pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am. - 2:00 pm
- OPEN HOUSE held monthly on the fourth Friday, January through October (10 am - noon)
Holiday Schedule and other closures (2014):
- 20 Jan - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- 17 Feb - President's Day
- 26 May - Memorial Day
- Sep 1 - Labor Day
- 27 Nov - Thanksgiving
- 22 Dec - 2 Jan - Christmas Break
- In cases of inclement weather, please call the Center or the Director.
Calendar and Events
Open House: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, 4th Friday of each month (Jan - Oct)
26 April - 2nd Annual Kitsap Genealogy Expo, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
Hardware, Equipment & Resources
- Six computers with internet connections
- Four microfilm readers
- One microfiche reader
- One reader/printer (has the ability to scan and save digital files)
- Over 1,100 extended-loan films
- Books & forms
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- Kitsap Regional Library - Poulsbo Branch
- Bainbridge Island Genealogical Society
- Puget Sound Genealogical Society
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)