Poulsbo Washington Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Poulsbo Washington Family History Center serves the North Kitsap County area. We are comprised of a friendly and knowledgable volunteer staff. We are dedicated to furthering the genealogical and family history work in our area through support and education.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 2138 N.E. Mesford Road; Poulsbo, WA 98370
- The building is located behind North Kitsap High School. The entrance to the FHC is in the back of the building.
- Poulsbo Washington Family History Center
Phone: (360) 779-8655
- Monday: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday & Thursday: 10:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
Open house held monthly on the fourth Friday, January through October
Silverdale Family History Expo (1st ever!) -
Holiday Schedule and other closures:
- Jan. 21 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Feb. 18 - President's Day
- Apr. 1 - 4 - Spring Break (North Kitsap)
- May 27 - Memorial Day
- Any time the North Kitsap School District cancels school, the FHC will be closed.
Calendar and Events
Open House: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, 4th Friday of each month (Jan - Oct)
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
Hardware, Equipment & Resources
- Six computers with internet connections
- Four microfilm readers
- One microfiche reader
- One reader/printer (has the ability to scan and save digital files)
- Hundreds of extended-loan films
- Books & forms
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- Kitsap Regional Library - Poulsbo Branch
- Bainbridge Island Genealogical Society
- Puget Sound Genealogical Society
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)