Port Angeles Washington Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 2.1 Upcoming Events:
- 2.2 October - The Family History Center Jamboree for the Community, which includes a Keynote Speaker plus a variety of classes on research for participants to select. This event is free to all.
- 2.3 Class Schedule:
- 2.4 Staff Training Meetings are held monthly on the last Saturday
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 591 Monroe Road, Port Angeles, WA 98362
- (Include information about your center that would be helpful for first time visitors such which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullet points as needed.)
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Tuesday - 10 am - 9 pm
Wednesday - 10 am - 2 pm
Wednesday - 6 pm to 9 pm
Thursday - 10 am - 9 pm
Friday - 6 pm - 9 pm
Holiday Schedule: 2012 Closures
Last two weeks of December
Calendar and Events
October - The Family History Center Jamboree for the Community, which includes a Keynote Speaker plus a variety of classes on research for participants to select. This event is free to all.
Fri. evening classes will begin in February.
Staff Training Meetings are held monthly on the last Saturday
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to the following premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archives
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The Amerian Civil War
- Find My Past
- Fold3.com (previously known as Footnote.com)
- The Genealogist
- Genline FamilyFinder
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
- Hardware and Equipment
- seven computers
- seven printers
- Canon 300 microfiche/microfilm digitizer
- flatbed scanner
- five microfilm readers
- two microfiche readers
- paper copy machine.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Clallam County Washington Genealogical Society - www.olypen.com/ccgs
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)