Polk County, Missouri Genealogy
Guide to Polk County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Polk County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Address|| Polk County Courthouse|
102 East Broadway Street
Bolivar, Mo 65613
Polk County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Websites
- 6 References
County Recorder hasa marriage from 1835 and land records
from 1836 Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records
from 1857; Probate Judge has probate records from 1947
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Family Maps of Polk County, Missouri Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Map of 1904 Polk County with numerous small settlements (My Genealogy Hound)
Civil War Battles
In Missouri, probate records have usually been recorded by the clerks of the probate courts, but in some counties the common pleas or circuit courts handled this function. They are frequently indexed.
- 1829-1885 - Polk County Birth Index 1829-1885 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
- 1836-1874 - Polk County Marriage Index 1836-1874. Batch M515621 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1874-1885 - Polk County Marriage Index 1874-1885. Batch M515622 at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Biographies from The History of Polk County, Missouri (1889) published by Goodspeed are available free on the My Genealogy Hound website.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Polk County, Missouri. Page 404 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/d/d8/Igimissourij.pdf.