Poland, Tarnow Roman Catholic Diocese Church Books - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Poland, Tarnow Roman Catholic Diocese Church Books, 1612-1900
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Republic of Poland|
|Location of Tarnów, Poland|
|Location of Poland|
|Record Type||Church Records|
|Title in the Language:||Polonia, Tarnow Catholico Romanum Diocese Ecclesiae Books|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains an index to baptismal, marriage, and burial records from the Diocese of Tarnow for the years 1612-1900.
Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
These records are in Polish. For help reading these records see the following guides:
- Poland Language and Languages
- Polish Genealogical Word List
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
For additional details about these records and help using them see Poland, Roman Catholic Church Books - FamilySearch Historical Records.
Coverage Table[edit | edit source]
For a list of localities, event types, years covered, and the number of records in this collection, refer to Poland Tarnow Roman Catholic Diocese Church Books - FamilySearch Historical Records Coverage Table.
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching, it is best to know the following:
- Name of the person
- Year of the record
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name by visiting the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Poland, Tarnow Roman Catholic Diocese Church books, 1612-1900. Some catalog records link to multiple references. In this case, click on a reference to find a camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Copy down all the information from the record
- Cite the record; see below for help citing this records in this collection
- Use the information to find the person in census or church records
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- When looking for an individual with a common name, look at all the search results before deciding which is the correct person. Use other information, such as place of birth, age, occupation, or names of parents, to help with this decision
- Try variations of given names and surnames. A person might have been listed under a middle name, nickname, or abbreviation of their given name
- Vary the search terms. For example, expand the date range or search by either the given name or surname to return a broader list search results
- Search the records of nearby locations
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Poland.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.