Pocahontas County, Iowa Genealogy
Guide to Pocahontas County Iowa genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Pocahontas County, Iowa|
Location in the state of Iowa
Location of Iowa in the U.S.
|Founded||January 15, 1851|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Fonda | Gilmore City | Havelock | Laurens | Palmer | Plover | Pocahontas | Rolfe | Varina
- Records of the American Lutheran Church, Gilmore City, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
- Records of the American Lutheran Church, Laurens, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
- Records of the American Lutheran Church, Callender, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
- Records of the American Lutheran Church, Pocahontas, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
In most counties in Iowa, probate records have been kept by the county judge. They include wills, fee books, claim registers, legacy records, inheritance records, probate ticklers, and dockets. The records are available at the county courthouse.
The FamilySearch Catalog lists films of probate records. To find the records for this county, use the Place Search for Iowa - Pocahontas - Probate records.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Iowa Department of Public Health or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred. See also How to order Iowa Vital Records or order electronically online.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).