Pleasant View, Utah
- 1 Quick History
- 2 City Hall
- 3 Resources
- 4 =Suggested Reading
- 5 Sources and Footnotes
Quick HistoryNestled at the base of Mount Ben Lomond in northern Weber County, for many years Pleasant View was a considered part of North Ogden. Located just west of North Ogden it has been known under several different names over years such as: the West End, the West District, Stringtown, Hot Springs, out West and finally became known as Pleasant View.  The pioneers found a large patch of beautiful tall straight trees that were suitable for log cabins. They called this area "Pole Patch". A stage coach station was in operation from 1860-1800 it served the Ben Holladay's Overland Lines which was purchased by Wells-Fargo.  Meals were served, horses fed and repairs made at this stage coach station.
The Ute Indians would make a yearly travel stop in the area, dotting the mountain side with their wickiups. The Ute tribe of Indians, led by their chieftain Tobe, used the Hot Springs for medicinal purposes. A Hot Springs resort, that included a 40 room hotel, hot spring bathing and a dance hall once received visitors in the northwestern corner of Pleasant View.  Settled in 1851, Pleasant View was incorporated in 1945.
Pleasant View City
520 West Elberta Drive
Pleasant View, UT 84414
Biography & Genealogies
- Early Latter Day Saints - An Mormon Trail Pioneer Database
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers
- Sons of Utah Pioneers Stories
- Pioneers and prominent men of Utah: comprised of photographs, genealogies, biographies, the early history of the LDS Church 
Burials are usually in North Ogden or Ogden area cemeteries.
Church History and Records
- Pleasant View Ward (Ogden Stake), set off from North Ogden Ward
- Ogden Standard Examiner Archives is available at Ancestry.com $ The data base is searchable from 1920 to 1977.
- Utah Digital Newspapers for the Ogden Standard 1879 - 1927
Societies, Museums and Libraries
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum
2148 Grant Avenue
Ogden, UT 84401
ph: (801) 393-4460
- North Ogden Historical Museum
332 East Pleasant View Drive
North Ogden, UT 84414
- Ogden Regional Family History Center
539 24th St.
Ogden, UT 84401
- Stewart Library ~ Weber State University
3750 Harrison Blvd.
- Weber County Library
2464 Jefferson Ave.
Ogden, UT 84401-2404
fax: (801) 337-2615
- Historical Pleasant View 
- Marriage information may be located at the Western States Marriage Database searchable by bride or groom.
- Utah Death Index 1905-1951
Hint Keyword: enter the year of death and enter the name of county if known.
- Social Security Death Index, begins in about 1962 and is current to within two months.
- Utah Death Record 1888-1946.
- Utah Department of Archives 1903 to 50 years ago
Choices of search types - name, date of death (year, month, day, or any combination) and county.
Images of actual death certificates
- Hot springs of Utah
- Hot Springs Railroad
- Ute Indians
- Webtree.com, listing individuals who born or died in Pleasant View. Submitters of gedcoms may add, update or remove contents.
Sources and Footnotes
- Pleasant View City History
- Pleasant View Markers
- Sangres.com Pleasant View
- "FHLC Book 979.2 D3e" (Salt Lake City, Utah : Western Epics, 1966).
Vol. 1 part 1 (Family History Archives)
Vol. 1 part 2 (Family History Archives)
- "FHLC Film 889352 items 3-5" (Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the GSU, 1951, 1962)
- "FHLC Film 25661 Item 3" (Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the GSU, 1951, 1962)
- Cragun, Earl Budge; Historical Pleasant View