Pleasant View, Utah
- 1 Quick History
- 2 City Hall
- 3 Resources
- 4 Sources and Footnotes
For many years Pleasant View was a considered part of just west of North Ogden. Known as several different names over years such as: the West End, the West District, Stringtown, Hot Springs, out West and finally became known as Pleasant View.  The pioneers found a large patch of beautiful tall straight trees that were suitable for log cabins. They called this area "Pole Patch". A stage coach station was in operation from 1860-1800 it seved the HOlloday Overland Lines which was a division of Wells-Fargo. Approximately one and a quarter mile west from this site John and Sarah Ann Mower operated a stage coach station. During 1860-1880 it served the Holladay Overland Lines which were under the management of Wells-Fargo Company. The line ran 950 miles to The Dalles, Oregon, and branched off 400 miles farther to Virginia City, Montana. Coaches traveled the line three times each week. Mower changed the horses and made repairs to harness and coach. Mrs. Mower served meals to the passengers.
Nestled at the base of Mount Ben Lomond in northern Weber County, the City is best known for its beautiful valley views and highly desirable residential areas.
27 April 1945: Incorporated
Pleasant View City
520 West Elberta Drive
Pleasant View, UT 84414
Biography & Genealogies
- Early Latter Day Saints - An Mormon Trail Pioneer Database
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers
- Sons of Utah Pioneers Stories
- Pioneers and prominent men of Utah: comprised of photographs, genealogies, biographies, the early history of the LDS Church 
Burials are usually in North Ogden or Ogden area cemeteries.
Church History and Records
- Pleasant View Ward (Ogden Stake), set off from North Ogden Ward
- Ogden Standard Examiner Archives is available at Ancestry.com $ The data base is searchable from 1920 to 1977.
- Utah Digital Newspapers for the Ogden Standard 1879 - 1927
Societies, Museums and Libraries
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum
2148 Grant Avenue
Ogden, UT 84401
ph: (801) 393-4460
- North Ogden Historical Museum
332 East Pleasant View Drive
North Ogden, UT 84414
- Ogden Regional Family History Center
539 24th St.
Ogden, UT 84401
- Marriage information may be located at the Western States Marriage Database searchable by bride or groom.
- Utah Death Index 1905-1951
Hint Keyword: enter the year of death and enter the name of county if known.
- Social Security Death Index, begins in about 1962 and is current to within two months.
- Utah Death Record 1888-1946.
- Utah Department of Archives 1903 to 50 years ago
Choices of search types - name, date of death (year, month, day, or any combination) and county.
Images of actual death certificates
- Webtree.com, listing individuals who born or died in Huntsville. Submitters of gedcoms may add, update or remove contents.
Sources and Footnotes
- Pleasant View City History
- "FHLC Book 979.2 D3e" (Salt Lake City, Utah : Western Epics, 1966).
Vol. 1 part 1 (Family History Archives)
Vol. 1 part 2 (Family History Archives)
- "FHLC Film 889352 items 3-5" (Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the GSU, 1951, 1962)
- "FHLC Film 25661 Item 3" (Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the GSU, 1951, 1962)