Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana Genealogy
|Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||March 31, 1807|
|County Seat||Pointe a la Hache|
- 1 Parish Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
Plaquemines Parish Courthouse
Pointe a la Hache, LA 70082-9999
Parish Clerk has marriage records from 1809,
divorce, probate court and land records from 1800.
- 1807--Plaquemines Parish was created 31 March 1807 from Orleans Parish.
Parish seat: Pointe a la Hache 
See an interactive map of Plaquemines Parish boundary changes.
Places / Localities
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- LA Tombstone Transcription Project ~ partial records and photos ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by county
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- FindaGrave.com ~ cemetery records with search by cemetery, by surname
|Plaquemines Parish Census Data|
- Louisiana Census Images ~ USGenWeb Census Images Project
- USGW Digital Map Collection ~ USGenWeb Project
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Plaquemines Parish.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Louisiana.
Louisiana Probate Records ~ information on.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- LAGenWeb - Louisiana State Records
- USGenWeb ~ Records, Maps, Archives and Other Projects
- Family History Library Catalog
- Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed., Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana p 292 (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002). Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Handybook" defined multiple times with different content
- United States Census Bureau. "Plaquemines Parish Quickfacts". http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/22/22075.html. Retrieved 2007-06-12.
- United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2007-06-12.
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 8 August, 2012)