Pickens County, Alabama Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Pickens County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 19, 1820|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Pickens County, Alabama
P O Box 460
Carrollton, Al 35447
Probate Judge has marriage probate and land records from 1876
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records 
1876 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Betty's World Genealogical information on Betty's Families of Abney, Boxley, Bradberry, Breazeale, Brown, Carter, Middleton, Norman, Pickens, Phillips, Stone, Summers, Tinsley, Wade, Wills/Wells, and General Andrew Pickens.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Pickens County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Pickens County p. 39. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).