Pickaway County, Ohio Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 16:44, 23 May 2012 by Dianekay (adding courthouse image)
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Pickaway County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 4.1 Cemeteries
- 4.2 Census and Directories
- 4.3 Church
- 4.4 Court
- 4.5 Emmigration
- 4.6 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 4.7 Funeral Homes
- 4.8 Land
- 4.9 Local Histories
- 4.10 Maps
- 4.11 Military
- 4.12 Naturalization
- 4.13 Newspapers
- 4.14 Probate
- 4.15 Schools
- 4.16 Taxation
- 4.17 Vital Records
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
See an interactive map of Pickaway County boundary changes.
Census and Directories
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- Multiple Wars
- - Pickaway County, Ohio Military Records has information about Pickaway County and its citizens in the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Civil War, and many other wars.
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Stark County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Stark County.
- - 1st Regiment, Ohio Cavalry, Company C, also known as "Pope's Escort" and "Shield's Body Guard" and Company E
- - 24th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company A
- - 114th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies A, B, C, E, F, and K
- Marriages for PIckaway County, Ohio
- Pickaway County, Ohio Death Records
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).