Philippines Land and Property
|Philippines Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Land and Tax Records (Prestaciones Personales, Tributos)[edit | edit source]
Research use: Primarily for family relationships and to extend lineage beyond other existing records.
Record type: Deeds and land tenancy tax records, property assessments, estates and purchase agreements.
Time Period: 1800-present.
Content: Land holders’ and renters’ names, taxes and rent paid, dates of deeds, residence, land descriptions, fathers’ names and sometimes names of several generations of ancestors; date and mode of land acquisition (from a parent or grandparent, by dowry, or division).
Population coverage: 65%.
Philippine land records are in government departments, municipal archives, and sometimes other offices, such as:
- Archives Division, Record Management and Archives Office. Internet: http://www.pnm.my/motw/philippines/3national_archives.htm
- Land Registration Commission (deeds). Internet: http://www.doj.gov.ph/agencies/lra-history.html
- Bureau of Agrarian Reform.
- Local land registration offices.
- Title companies.
The Family History Library has filmed many land records from each province and indexes to the Manila Gazette that deal with land transactions.
References[edit | edit source]
- The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: Philippines,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 1986-1999.