Perry was originally called Three Mile Creek  as it was three miles from Box Elder, now Brigham City. It was first settled in the spring of 1853 by Mormon pioneers. Its name was changed in 1898 in honor of Orrin Alonzo Perry who had served in the community as a Bishop for nearly 20 years.
- Perry History Online Utah
- To Three Mile Creek With Love
- Wikipedia.org 
- Story of Three Mile Creek 
Perry is located in eastern Box Elder County. It is bordered on the east by the Wasatch Mountains, on the west by the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge, on the north by Brigham City and on the south by Willard.
Perry City Hall
3005 South 1200 West
Perry, Utah 84302
Perry City does not have its own cemetery. Many early pioneers and residents were buried in the nearby Brigham City Cemetery and many inscriptions for this cemetery can be found in the following places:
- Brigham City Cemetery
495 East 500 South
Brigham City, Utah
- Brigham City Cemetery was started in 1853. In October 1963 a fire in the Cemetery Office destroyed many Cemetery records. These records were later reconstructed by Cemetery personnel.
- Sexton's record of deaths 1850-1959 
- Brigham City, Utah, cemetery inscriptions 
- Brigham City Cemetery Information
- Cemetery Records Archives
- Cemetery records Brigham City, Box Elder County, Utah 
- Cemetery records of Brigham City and Perry, Box Elder County, Utah 
Church History and Records
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Early membership records of the Perry Ward from 1877-1941 are available on microfilm 26362 at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
- Utah Digital Newspapers for Perry Historical
- Ogden Standard Examiner Archives is available at Ancestry.com $ The data base is searchable from 1920 to 1977.
Societies, Museums and Libraries
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum
2148 Grant Avenue
Ogden, UT 84401
ph: (801) 393-4460
- North Ogden Historical Museum
332 East Pleasant View Drive
North Ogden, UT 84414
- Ogden Regional Family History Center
539 24th St.
Ogden, UT 84401
- Marriage information may be located at the Western States Marriage Database searchable by bride or groom.
- Utah Death Index 1905-1951
Hint Keyword: enter the year of death and enter the name of county if known.
- Social Security Death Index, begins in about 1962 and is current to within two months.
- Utah Death Record 1888-1946.
- Utah Department of Archives 1903 to 50 years ago
Choices of search types - name, date of death (year, month, day, or any combination) and county.
Images of actual death certificates
Sources and Footnotes
- Store, Lisle & Larsen, Vera; To Three Mile Creek With Love WorldCat 37691304FHL 979.242 H2L
- Store, Lisle & Larsen, Vera; To Three Mile Cree With Love WorldCat 37691304FHL 979.242 H2L
- Nelson, Lois J; Story of Three Mile Creek FHL 979.242/P3 H2n
- Sexton's record of deaths 1850-1959 Film: FHL 194133
- Brigham City, Utah, cemetery inscriptions Film: FHL 1035776 Item 24
- Cemetery records Brigham City, Box Elder County, Utah Book: FHL 979.242/B1 V3c
- Cemetery records of Brigham City and Perry, Box Elder County, Utah presented by the Box Elder Stake Genealogical Committee; Book FHL 979.242 V3b