Peoria Illinois Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address 3700 West Reservoir, Peoria, IL 61615
- Park at the far end of the parking lot, walk down the walkway on the SouthWest side off the building. Enter the building at the far entrance. Once inside the small vestibule you will need to press the button for the Family History Center. A consultant will answer the phone and remotely unlock the door so that you may enter the building. The Family History Center is located straight down the hallway on the left.
- Location on Map
Phone: (309) 682-4073
- Tuesday 10:00AM-2:00PM & 5:00PM-8:00PM
- Wednesday 6:30PM-8:30PM by appointment only (call (309) 645-3288)
- Thursday 12:00PM-2:00PM & 6:00PM-8:00PM
- Saturday 9:30AM-1:00PM
- Closed all major holidays and the last two weeks of December.
- Closed the first Saturday in April & October.
Calendar and Events
The Peoria Illinois Family History Center will be closed December 18th through January 2nd due to the Christmas/New Year holiday. The center will reopen for normal operating hours on January 3rd at 10:00AM.
Film due dates will not be affected by the holiday closure.
- Family History Library Catalog: Through http://familysearch.org/films you may order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog and have them shipped to our center on either short-term or extended loan.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
This center has the following equipment available for patron use:
- Six computers equipped with the FHC Portal.
- Two printers.
- Seven microfilm readers.
- One microfiche reader.
- One microfilm/microfiche printer.
Resources in the Local Area
The Peoria Public Library has an extensive Genealogy area located in the basement of the Main Branch.