United States Pennsylvania Pennsylvania State Archives
| Pennsylvania State Archives
- State Museum Building
- 350 North Street
- Harrisburg, PA
Hours and holidays:
- Wednesday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (no original records pulled from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Saturday (microfilm use only), 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Closed on all Mondays, Tuesdays and State Holidays.
Directions, maps, and public transportation:
Internet sites and databases:
=== Collection Description ===
- The Pennsylvania State Archives collects, preserves and makes available for study the permanently-valuable public records of the Commonwealth, with particular attention given to the records of state government. The State Archives also collects papers of private citizens and organizations relevant to Pennsylvania history.
- Collections The Pennsylvania State Archives is the best source for Military Records, Naturalization Records, Vital Records, Ships List, Census Records, Prison Records, Mine Accidents, Land Records, County Records, and Pennsylvania Railroad Voluntary Relief Cards.
- Collections of the Pennsylvania State Archives Lists what is available in Record Groups, Manuscript Groups, and Historic Site Collections.
- Land Records
=== Tips ===
- Tip Archived files are available through the Pennsylvania State Archives, which holds a wealth of historic information about the state. This office has original copies of birth and death certificates dating prior to 1961, as well as records from previous wars, land records and census records. *Searches of these files can be initiated in person, by mail or fax or through email. There are charges for the time spent on research, as well as for the copies of the documents you request.
=== Guides ===
- Loretto Dennis Szucs, and Sandra Hargreaves Luebking, The Archives: A Guide to the National Archives Field Branches (Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1988), 32-34. (FHL Book 977 A3sz) WorldCat entry. Describes each field branch collection, microfilms, services and activities. Each of 150 record groups of the archives is also described.
=== Alternate Repositories ===
List Overlapping Collections
== References ==
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Contact us at Pennsylvania State Archives] (accessed 27 September 2012).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Pennsylvania State Archives Home at PA State Archives] (accessed 26 September 2012).