Papillion Nebraska Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Papillion Family History Center serves Sarpy, Nebraska and surrounding Counties. There is no cost to visit the Family History Center and everyone with an interest in geneological research are welcome to visit the center. There you will be able to have access to valuable family history research and receive help from experienced Family History Consultants.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 1.1 Family History Consultant Training
- 1.2 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Family History website www.familysearch.org is available and free to patrons.
- 1.3 Hardware and Equipment
- 1.3.1 ■Patrons may bring their personal computers for note taking or entering information into personal genealogical programs, although wireless internet access is not currently available.■Memory sticks can also be used to download information. ■This Center particpates in online film ordering. You can order films on the FamilySearch Microfilm Ordering Page.
- 1.3.2 Staff Research Specialties
- 1.3.3 Resources in the Local Area
- 1.3.4 Greater Omaha Genealogical Society, www.gogsmembers.com, 402-706-1453
- 1.3.5 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 12009 S. 84th Street, Papillion, Nebraska (3/4 mile South of Highway 370)
- Parking and entrance to the Papillion Nebraska Family History Center is available on the South side of the building. The center is located midway down the right hall after entering the building.
- Location on Map
- Tuesday: 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 (noon) and 7:00 P.M. to 8:45 P.M.
- Wednesday: 7:00 P.M. to 8:45 P.M.
- Thursday: 10:00 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. and 7:00 P.M. to 8:45 P.M.
- Saturday: 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 (noon)
- July 4th: Closed July 4th, 2012
- Thanksgiving: Closed November 21st - 26th
- Christmas and New Years: Closed December 19th - January 2nd
Family History Consultant Training
Training will be the 1st Wednesday of each month except July 4th, 2012. There is a choice of session one at 10:00 A.M. or session two at 7:00 P.M.
Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Family History website www.familysearch.org is available and free to patrons.
FHC Portal: This center has the Family History Center Portal which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions including:
■19th Century British Newspapers
■Alexander Street Press (American Civil War Collections)
■Ancestry.com (Family History Library edition)
■Genline FamilyFinder (Swedish)
■Godfrey Memorial Library
Hardware and Equipment
- Four Microfilm readers
■ Microfiche reader
■ Ten computers with internet connection and access to premium websites.
■ Printers for use with computers.
■Patrons may bring their personal computers for note taking or entering information into personal genealogical programs, although wireless internet access is not currently available.
■Memory sticks can also be used to download information.
■This Center particpates in online film ordering. You can order films on the FamilySearch Microfilm Ordering Page.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Greater Omaha Genealogical Society, www.gogsmembers.com, 402-706-1453
Pottawattamie County Genealogical Society, http://www.rootsweb.com/~ipcgs/, 712-325-9368