Palos Verdes California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
At the Palos Verdes California Family History Center we believe that knowing our ancestors, helps us know who we are. We want our patrons to have a positive experience when they visit. Our consultants have experience in researching North America, Mexico, Scotland, Denmark, and England to name a few countries. If we don't know about a country, we'll do our best to learn about it with our patrons.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 5845 Crestridge Rd Rancho Palos Verdes, California 90275 United States
- Park in the back. Use the northwest entrance.
- Ring the doorbell to the left of the door.
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the temple and family history consultant - center in advance at (1-310-697-3264.)
Closed the Wednesday before Thanksgiving: Closed 2 weeks at Christmas: Closed for Spring Break March 30 - April 3 2015.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- computers, microfilm and microfiche readers, microfiche and microfilm copier.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)